Saturday, June 30, 2007

Joshy is 5 mos old!



My baby is 5 months old now. Wow! That's all I can say. I mean just 2 weeks ago my big boy turned 2 years old and now my baby is almost a half a year old. Amazing!!
Joshy has had a lot going on. Turns out that apparently he has a milk protein allergy so he's not Nutramigen formula (dang that stuff is expensive, there ought to be a law!) Since finding this out he's like a whole new baby. He's happier and I'm not having to change my and his clothes 10x a day! LOL He's gaining weight really well now. My breastmilk isn't doing much if anything for him but I'm still trying to give him something even if it's just the DHA, ARA and immunities. However, he prefers bottles so he's fighting me tooth and nail! :( Makes me sad :(
He is finally taking to solids!! I've been trying solids off and on since he was 13weeks old but he wasn't interested at all. He didn't open his mouth and if he was the least bit hungry then he wanted bottle not spoon! Now he's loving it. He's had Rice cereal, sweet potatoes, green beans, apple sauce, and prunes. No allergies to any of that that I can tell so far.
He is a laugher and loves to laugh. I so love those belly laughs out of a baby. I still remember Joey's as well. He's a great smiler too but he has to be stimulated to smile for pictures for some reason.
He is good, not excellent but good at taking his Nuk out of his mouth and getting it back in again.
He's a great sleeper both for naps and nighttime. There are times when he wakes in the middle of the night but it's 99% of the time a soaked leaking diaper. Man this kid can pee like you wouldn't believe. He is down for the night around 7-8pm and up at around 7-8am. Pure heaven! He's weird about sleep too, he has to be swaddled and a blanket over his eyes. I guess he loves the dark??
He hates to have his nails cut but love to take a bath!
He loves to help hold his bottle and is getting better at it all the time
Loves his deluxe Jumparoo, bouncy seat, bumbo and swing.
He's holding his chest off the ground well when on his tummy
Can grasp objects like a toy and bring it to his mouth
Loves his feet
Adores his big brother. Oh his face just lights up when Joey is trying to entertain him! It's so wonderful
at 5mos 1 day old, he broke the skin for his first toofie! Today (5m2d) you can see the tooth really well!! He beat his brother by a week-10day on the first tooth!
He's pretty demanding and not very patient. I'm surprised that as a 2nd child he would have learned more patients by now but maybe 2nd kids have to cry longer and harder to be heard??
He loves his mommy. He hates to be left in a room (when he's awake) and not be able to see me. He's a little cuddle puss too!
AT his 4month pediatrician appointment he was given a clean bill of health. His measurements were as follows:
13lbs 15oz----25%
25" long----80%
16 1/4" head-----25%
So he's getting big fast!! :)

No comments: