Saturday, July 14, 2007

We're on the News!!!

I posted this on Joey's side as well but just in case :)

Today Jim had reserves but it was unlike his typical drill weekend. We, Jim the kids and I, were to be at the War Memorial in downtown Milwaukee for a welcome, an official welcome home. Jim's been home from Iraq for 3+yrs now but never has the battalion said "Thank You" to him, his fellow troops or the families until today!
It was a nice little ceremony with a LOT of soldiers to thank and recognize for their time spent in Iraq, Kuwait, Afgainistan and other parts of the world in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom.
I sat in the right spot for once and had the local news standing right in front of me! Because my babies are so dang adorable they caught the attention of the reporter and her camera-woman and lots of camera time was spent on the boys. After all the awards were presented and the ceremony was over the reporter asked if she could interview us, I said yes, I was so psyched!! I've never been on TV or anything like that before. So we interviewed and here is the link to the video that was broadcast! All four of us were on and mentioned by name. I'm really excited that they spelled my name right, helps that they recorded ME spelling it for them I guess!! LOL So here's the link, I don't know how long it will be good for. I have a copy on DVD from my DVD recorder but I can't get it to work on my computer for some reason. I wrote to the TV station and asked if they would get me a copy so we'll see what they say.
http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/video/13683361/index.html

Enjoy!!

No comments: