Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Joshy is 5.5months old now




He's doing wonderful. He's been on a fast track with solid as he loves them and is one hungry boy. If I can remember them all now he's had applesauce, banana, peaches, prunes, green beans, peas, squash, sweet potato, and rice cereal (I hope I got them all) and there isn't a one he's hasn't liked. The peas we're doing now and it's tough finding them in 1st foods so I gave him the 2nd foods and he loves it. He like Joey loves the food in a thicker consistency. He won't even touch watery cereal unless it's in a bottle which I don't like to do now that he's taking food off a spoon so well.

~He doesn't stay where you put him unless he's content.
~He's been holding his own bottle for about 4 weeks now and over the past 2 weeks he can not only hold the bottle but remove it from his mouth and put it back in again!
~He can do that with his Nuk-ee too and plays with it probably as much as he actually sucks on it.
~He's got his chest fully off the ground when he's on his tummy.
~He's got a wonderful little personality but man oh man I think he's going to be a trouble maker :) In the car he will start making noises and get Joey all riled up! LOL It's so funny. He's going to be a leader I think. But he's got a temper too and when he's pissed he grabs at his ear. I'm afraid he's going to rip his ear off one of these days. He did draw blood once!
~He loves to be held but is doing good on his own now too
~He is a little cuddlier. I love cuddling with him and when Joey comes up to join us too!
~He sleeps through the night most of the time. On occasion he will wake up due to an over wet diaper which soaks his clothes but other than that he sleeps through.
~He goes to bed nicely, awake, on his own. I don't have to rock him or anything like that which is great. Both boys are wonderful sleepers, if only mommy could take advantage of that!! :)
~He's starting to turn into you for kisses!
~He's got a great little belly laugh but you got it work it out of him, it's not "free for the taking"

Thanks about all I can think of off the top of my head.

Oh, that toofie that popped through right after he turned 5mos? Yeah the one in the pictures below? It disappeared!! The skin grew back over it and it's been gone since about 2 days after I found it. It's just now starting to show itself but still skin over it so you can see but not feel it. So very weird!! LOL

No comments: